Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Make Your Story Better: Cause and Effect

I came to class this morning with my paper in hand ready to read and get this presentation over with for the semester. I was tired and feeling dull as I usually do in the wee morning hours. The night before I had persuaded myself that I was going to volunteer and present my paper in class. However, I didn't. Why? Because it all started when I didn't have my morning cup a joe. The cause of all this came down to sleeping through my alarm and the effect was not presenting my paper.
The example above gives a clear understanding as to how cause and effect gives meaning in a story. Without a gripping story line there is no feeling and meaning to the story. It takes a well designed approach and the use of cause an effect to grab the attention of the reader. All in all, everyday there is a cause and an effect in our lives that gives us meaning and importance all we have to do is write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment